Monday 17 July 2017

When A Butterfly Sees Flowers

Good afternoon craft lovers. When A Butterfly Sees Flowers, that's the name of my latest handmade birthday card. Actually I made this card sometime last week, but only today I have some free time to post it here.

Happy Birthday Handmade Card


When Butterfly Sees Flowers

I used a light green card as base and layered it with a yellow card. But somehow in the photo, my yellow card look more like gold card. For the final layer, I decided to used two different shades of patterned paper. For the front, I used a black background with tiny gold stars pattern paper while for the back or should I say inside of the card, I used a green and white patterned paper.

Yellow and green handmade birthday card


I die cut two border patterned oval shapes (one yellow and one black) same sizes and glued it to the front and centre. For the front part, I used the oval shape card as the background of my sentiment. While for the black oval shape, I used it as a frame for my decoupage flower. It has been sometime since I used a decoupage image in my card. Maybe I should do it more often.

For the final touch, I added some pearls and a die cut butterfly. Oh yes...and some gold border stickers too.

Decoupage Flowers


During the weekend I managed to find some lovely coloured cards. My flower box is also becoming empty, so I need to start stamping and die cutting or maybe hand cutting some flowers and leaves. For those of you who are familiar with my Craft With Love blog, will definitely know by now that I just love floral theme projects.

Special Fold Birthday Card


Looking forward to completing more projects this week, hopefully. Until then, Craft With Love

CRAFT CHALLENGES

Scrapping4Fun - Challenge #94 (birthday)
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (Sheepski Designs)
Simply Papercraft - Challenge #48
Making Memories Crafting - Challenge #7
Craftyhazelnut's Pattern Paper - July Challenge
Lil Patch Crafty Friends - Challenge # 62
The Corrosive Challenge - Challenge #7

đź’–Karen Monicađź’–

20 comments:

  1. A wonderful make and a great design on this card!! Love the Colours too!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge!
    Hugs CicciTTCRD DT
    ciccividpennan.blogspot.com {Welcome to Visit my blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! Love the layers and the colors!
    Thank you for joining our Challenge at Scrapping4funChallenges, good luck!
    Looking forward to see you at the next challenge

    X
    Diana
    DT member at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Diana's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card- I love the use of your dies. Thank you for submitting with Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. Vicki- DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Creation,Very Elegant .. Thanxx For Playing With Us At Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends This Week...
    Sherry Lynn
    LPOCF DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card with a pretty paper combo. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Card. Love everything about it.
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun Challenges
    Kelly (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, I love how you have decorated the inside too, to mirror the front.
    Thanks for joining us at Making Memories Crafting Challenge.
    Hope to see you again next month.
    Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done! Thank you for joining us as Scrapping4FunChallenges! Good luck, and hope to see you again for the next challenge!

    Carrie, DT
    dearzae.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those gorgeous die cuts and your card design, Karen. Thanks for sharing your talent with us on the Making Memories Crafting Blog this month! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely creation!!!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog !!!
    Hope to see you again in the next challenge.
    Lidia DT
    http://belloamanecercr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete